We are signing you in, please wait.
Or Sign In With Facebook
Why Join MUZU.TV?
These are the General Competition Rules that govern the relationship between you and us when you enter one of our competitions in the absence of any specific terms and conditions in relation to a competition (“Competition(s)”). By participating in any of our Competitions, you agree to be bound by these General Competition Rules (which may be amended or varied at any time by us with or without notice) in the absence of any specific terms and conditions and by our decisions, which are final in all matters relating to the Competitions.
1. OUR DETAILS
"We", "us" and "our" means MUZU.TV.Our principal place of business is at 19 South William Street, Dublin 2, Ireland. If you have any questions or concerns you may contact us using our email contact form.
2. CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
We may need to make changes to these terms in future. For example to reflect changes in the type and/or format of competitions that we run or to correct errors in these terms. We will try to keep all such changes to a minimum. We recommend that you check these terms from time to time to see if they have changed. We will always state at the bottom of these terms the date on which they were last updated.
If you continue to enter Competitions after our terms change you will be bound by those changes.
3.MECHANICS FOR ENTRY
(i) Competition is open to residents of the Republic of Ireland, UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, except for employees of MUZU.TV, their families or anyone else associated with this competition.
(ii) You may only enter this Competition if you are a resident of the Republic of Ireland, UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man of the UK and Ireland (unless other territories are also specified on the Competition entry page in which case residents of such territories may also enter) and you are aged sixteen (16) and over (unless a higher age limit is specified on the Competition entry page in which case that will apply and we reserve the right to implement age requirements where necessary).
(iii) You may not enter this Competition if you are an employee or immediate relatives of any employees of MUZU.TV, or of the Competition sponsors, Prize providers, co-promoters or their group or affiliate companies or any other person professionally connected with the Competition.
(iv) One (1) entry per person, which must include the information requested on the Competition entry page which may include your name, age, e-mail address, postal code, telephone number of entrant and/or answer to the question. Multiple entries by individuals will not be accepted.
(v) The winner(s) will be the first entry/entries randomly drawn on the date of the Prize draw from all correct entries received.
(vi) The winner(s) will be notified by e-mail or telephone as soon as possible after the Competition draw and may receive subsequent written confirmation and full details of the Prize.
(vii)In the event that we cannot for any reason contact the winner within a reasonable period of time from the Prize draw, we reserve the right to draw another winner.
(viii) The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
(ix) The names of the winner(s) can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to MUZU.TV, 19 South William Street, Dublin 2, Ireland (specifying the Competition) for one (1) month after the Competition closes.
(i) There will be one weekly prize of one (1) £100 ticket voucher that can be redeemed against any available tickets for an event at http://www.eventim.co.uk/. The ticket voucher is supplied by Eventim UK Ltd and is subject to their terms and conditions at http://www.eventim.co.uk/tickets.html?affiliate=EUK&doc=info/terms. Additionally, there will also be one (1) Samsung 40 inch 3D LED TV used as a prize for the first month of the Live & Loud feature, closing on March 11th 2011.
(i) The receipt, by any winner(s), of any of the Prize components is conditional upon compliance by the winner with any and all relevant laws, rules and regulations as well as these General Competition Rules. The winner(s) and any Guests that the winner chooses (where appropriate) are solely responsible for all insurance, applicable taxes and for any expenses or costs not specified in the Prize description.
(ii) Where Prizes involve the winner(s) travelling, the winner(s) and any Allowed Guest(s) shall be required to hold a valid passport and/or other necessary travel documentation and visas.
(iv) Where Prizes necessitate travel on a specific date, the winner(s) and any Allowed Guest(s) must be able to travel on the date specified and no alternative dates will be available. If the winner(s) is able to choose the date of travel the trip must be taken within twelve (12) months of the closing date of the Competition, excluding travel on or around public holidays both in the UK and the Prize destination.The exact dates for travel shall remain subject to availability.
(v) The winner(s) may be required to provide a written acknowledgement of acceptance of all terms and conditions of the Competition but in respect of winner(s) under the age of eighteen (18) all Prizes are subject to the applicable winner(s) first printing off these General Competition Rules, obtaining the relevant signatures from their parents or legal guardian and sending the signed document to MUZU.TV, 19 South William Street, Dublin 2, Ireland (specifying the Competition).
(vi) All Prizes are non-transferable and no cash alternative will be offered. Arrangements for the fulfillment of Prizes will be made by us. If due to circumstances beyond our control we are unable to provide any stated Prize(s), we will not be able to provide an alternative.All Prizes are subject to the additional terms and conditions of the manufacturer or supplier. MUZU.TV reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend a competition and/or vary competition rules at any time without prior notice.
(vii) The winner(s) agree that MUZU.TV, their subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies and employees, and any other sponsors and Prize providers shall have no liability in connection with acceptance or use of any of the Prizes awarded in the Competitions. We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant and/or winner at our absolute discretion.
(viii) Where the Prize is to be provided by a third party, MUZU.TV accept no responsibility whatsoever for the supply or non-supply or purported supply or delay in supply of the prize, including without limitation, the failure of the winner to receive ownership of or use the Prize.
(viii) Unless otherwise stated, all travel, accommodation, taxes, insurance, fees and surcharges on any Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
5.LICENCE FOR MATERIAL SUBMITTED BY YOU OR FOOTAGE FILMED OF YOU
In exchange for allowing you to enter the Competition, if requested by us, you hereby:
· agree to take part in publicity in connection with any Prize.
· grant us the exclusive right to film, tape, sound record and photograph all your activities in connection with the Competition and (if applicable) any Prizes.Everything filmed, taped or recorded of you by the Promoter shall be known as “Footage”
· assign to us fully all intellectual property rights in any Footage throughout the world for the full term of any rights that may exist under any applicable law throughout the world. This means that we own all rights in the Footage for as long as they exist. We may require you to sign a release form consenting to the filming/recording of the Footage, the assignment of all rights in such Footage to us.
· waive any “moral” rights that you may have in your Material or the Footage for the purposes of us using it in accordance with these General Competition Rules. Your moral rights include the right to be identified as the author and the right to object to derogatory treatment of your Material or the Footage.We need this waiver because we may not always be able to identify you (or other users who have uploaded content) as the author, and we need to be able to edit or treat your material as we see appropriate in our editorial judgment.
· agree that we may use your, name and/or likeness, voice, photographs and/or video footage of you, biographical information provided by you and/or any statement made by you concerning the Competition and/or the Prize(s) in connection with publicizing the Competition, in any and all media in perpetuity throughout the world in any manner we choose without restriction
(i) Winner accepts complete liability and responsibility for performance venue.
(ii) We can accept no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged or undelivered. Incomplete and/or illegible entries will be disqualified. We shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, Internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
(iii) We will not be liable to you (whether as a result of contract law, tort, statutory duty or otherwise) for any loss or damage arising out of or in connection with a Competition in respect of losses:
· that are related to a business or commercial undertaking
· that were unforeseeable
· that are related to loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill or injury to reputation
· that are suffered by third parties
· that are caused by loss of data, or computer virus
· in respect of infringement of rights arising as a result of a third party linking to our online services and causing our content to be viewed within the pages of any other website
· that are due to your fault, for example if you have provided incorrect information to us or you fail to comply with our instructions in relation to the Competition and/or Prize
· that are not caused by our breach
If you have a claim against another provider of services in connection with the Competition and/or Prizes you will pursue that claim independently and without recourse to us.
Neither MUZU.TV nor its agents accept any responsibility whatsoever for any death, injury or other damage, loss, expense or liability arising as a result of taking a prize. Nor will MUZU.TV have any liability or responsibility for any claim arising in connection with participation in any MUZU.TV competition or any of the prizes rewarded.
(iv) We shall not be liable for any delay in performing or partial or total failure to perform any of its obligations to the winner(s) and/or any Allowed Guests and/or parent(s)/legal guardian(s) under these General Competition Rules if such delay or failure is caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control including without limitation delays, changes, disruptions, cancellations, diversions or substitutions howsoever caused including without limitation as a result of war, terrorist action or threatened terrorist action, strikes, hostilities, civil commotions, accidents, fire, flood or natural catastrophes or arising without limitation out of or in connection with (i) the activities of third party event organisers; (ii) any form of transportation (including but not limited to flights, trains, coaches, buses, ferries, taxis or cars); and/or (iii) by third parties providing accommodation included in the Prize. For the avoidance of doubt, the affected Winner(s) and/or any Allowed Guest(s) and/or parent(s)/legal guardian(s) shall be solely liable for any additional costs incurred as a result.
You acknowledge and grant permission for MUZU.TV to share the details provided by you as part of your competition entry, with 3rd parties for them to contact you with news and further information relating to the competition and related music news.
These General Competition Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising therefrom.
Any queries regarding the competition should be addressed to: MUZU.TV, 19 South William Street, Dublin 2, Ireland
IF REQUIRED TO SIGN A WRITTEN ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF THESE GENERAL COMPETITION RULES PLEASE PRINT AND SIGN THEM BELOW:
I understand and agree to the above.
ACCEPTED AND AGREED BY:
Entrant’s signature: …………………………………
Print Entrant’s Name:………………………………..
Entrant’s Address ………………………………………
IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 YOUR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN MUST ALSO SIGN BELOW:
I understand that MUZU.TV wishes to enter into these General Competition Rules with the entrant named above.I warrant and agree as follows:
1. I am the parent or legal guardian of, and have parental responsibility for, the entrant, who lives with me at the above address;
2. I have read these General Competition Rules and understand what is required of the entrant under it. I unconditionally guarantee the entrant’s compliance with his/her obligations and duties to MUZU.TV under it and confirm that these General Competition Rules are beneficial for the entrant.
These General Competition Rules were last updated on 9th February 2011.