Playing baseball is not as simple as it may seem to you. Baseball is the national sport of the United States of America and also one of the most popular sports played on earth. If you have just started your career as a baseball player of even if you wish to play baseball properly in your school tournaments, then it would be nice for you to follow some useful and handy advices. Some of these advices have been listed hereunder for your benefit.
- If you are in your early teens and still growing, then it would be advisable for you to use baseball gloves that fit you well instead of opting for one that is overgrown for your hands. If you use a well-fitting glove, it will actually help you learn the various catching and fielding techniques nicely. It is good to know that infielders have small sized gloves with a small pocket and outfielders use big sized gloves.
- When you buy a new glove it is necessary to break it in. One of the best ways to do so is to play catch with your friends. It not just helps you to break in the new glove, it is also a good practice for baseball and lots of fun.
- Sometimes, you may not have enough time to break in the new glove. There is nothing to worry about. Rub some shaving cream in the pocket of your glove, place a baseball in the pocket, tie a rope or even a sock around the new glove and place the glove in a dry clean place. This will speed up the break in process.
- It will be a good idea to practice catch with your glove on. This will involve using your weaker hand so that the stronger hand is available for throwing purpose. As an example, wear your glove in your left hand if you are a right handed person. It may so happen that you may not feel comfortable initially while catching with your weaker hand. Thus, practice hard to overcome this feeling.
- When it comes to shopping for a baseball bat, better know your league’s rule properly. Different leagues have slightly different rules when it comes to baseball bats. These differences are mainly in terms of the weight, size, and the material used to make the bat. If you know the rule, it will also prevent you from wasting your money on something you cannot use.
- Most of the novice baseball players make the mistake of focusing on the pitcher’s eyes before hitting the ball. Do not make this mistake ever. The best alternative is to choose a spot where the pitcher’s arm will appear out of the sky in order to deliver the ball and focus on that specific spot.
- Even the best baseball players make mistakes while playing. If you think that you have made a mistake, better forget about it and carry on with your game. The more you think about the mistake you have made the more you will fail to shine as a baseball player.